The goal of this program is to engage researchers in thinking and working across disciplinary boundaries, as a means to generate the novel research questions and approaches required to address grand challenges.
This program is designed to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration by funding activities, which support the seeding of these synergistic research-focused relationships. Preference will be given to teams that are intentional about broadening participation.
What we fund:
- The cultivation of new interdisciplinary research partnerships
- Ideation sessions
- Faculty-led discussions
- Other innovative activities which expand the circle of interdisciplinary thought and science
What we do not fund:
- Research activities
- Non-interdisciplinary activities
- Established teams of researchers
- Range: $1000 to $4000
- Performance Period: All awards must be expended during the fiscal year in which they are awarded; no extensions will be granted.
- Expectations: Support requests for most initial relationship building conversations and activities should fall into the lower award range, with larger awards reserved for situations where travel and/or overnight stays are required to achieve project objectives.
- Complete the online application form, by clicking the Apply button on the top of this page.
- Every effort is made to issue a funding decision within 10 days.
Within one month of completing project activities, awardees are required to submit a post-event report (maximum 1 page) outlining the following:
- Project Activities
- Project Results
- Next Steps (to include timeline information)
In order to assess funding impact, teams may also be asked to provide brief updates on related activities at 1 year post event.
For More Information
Please direct all questions to Susan Roche.