Job Purpose: Provide high level, specialized administrative services within a campus unit, usually in direct support of unit management. Position usually encompasses organization of office services within area including coordinating calendars, meetings and events, budget administration, procurement and report preparation. May provide work coordination and supervision to lower level administrative personnel within the unit.
•Prepare and manage department budget. Generate associated reports.
•Coordinate Payroll and HR related functions (time-keeping, PSFs, paperwork processing, etc.).
•Coordinate unit purchasing process. Track and manage purchasing activities.
•Originate and process correspondence, reports and other documentation.
•Compile, organize and analyze data for use in reports.
•Plan meetings and other events to include scheduling, reservations, arrangements, etc.
•Make travel arrangements for unit staff management and staff as directed.
•Develop and maintain databases and records management systems
•Review and resolve complex administrative related questions and issues; recommend new or revised unit administrative procedures.
•Provide training and ongoing work guidance (may include supervision) to administrative staff members as required. Perform other related duties as assigned.
•Education: High School, GED or Vocational School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
•Work Experience: Six to eight years job related experience.
•Skills: This job requires advanced skills in general office administration to include budget administration, unit level procurement processing, document production and management, records management, event management, problem solving and office organization. Skill in use of advanced office and financial related computer applications is required.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree or above
- Preferred Work Experience: Event Support, Budget Management, Project Coordination, and Travel Administration
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills with proven knowledge of how to work effectively and professionally with all levels of internal and external constituents.
- Proven ability to proactively organize and prioritize multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in using the MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and using/maintaining databases.
- Ability to learn and apply new software skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and follow-through.
Additional Information: Please attach a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, with this application. Please name each file “Last Name_First Initial – Cover Letter” or “Last Name_First Initial – Resume.” The pre-employment process may include skills testing and assessments.
The successful candidate must also be able to pass a background check that will include a credit check. To obtain Georgia Tech’s background check policy, please visit: http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit management and staff, vendors and office visitors. This position typically will advise and counsel: administrative staff. This position may supervise student assistants.